CONTINUED FROM PART 1-
6) Fifty year olds invited to the Atomium – On 21st July 08, 275 Belgians born between 17th April and 19th October 1958 are honored in an evening event from 7:30 pm. Also any person born between these dates can visit the Atomium for free on the day of their birthday.
7) The inauguration of the festivities will include a firework display from the spheres of the Atomium on 17th April 2008 at 10:15 PM.
The same day also sees the inauguration of Art Brussels (a contemporary Art fair) at the Brussels Expo. An Open air statue will be unveiled on the boulevard du Centenaire.
8) The Star of Lucien De Roeck – This is an exhibition dedicated to the creator of the star symbol of Expo’58, Lucien De Roeck. This would be inside the Atomium.
9) Studio 58 – Between the Atomium and the Place Louis Steens along the Boulevard du Centenaire there would be huge photographs of the Expo 1958 pavilions, the changes made for the Expo, the Lucien de Roeck Star and also works of contemporary photographers.
10) Rock around the Atomium – Its rock ‘n roll for everybody on 28th June 2008. This will be at the foot of the Atomium. Vehicles (cars, mobikes etc.) of the period would be displayed here and also there would be activities for children. Dance workshops are also planned.
11) Atomic Party – On the 19th of July 08 a dance event organized by Gazon and Statik dancin’. A Brussels night life experience.
12) Old Timers – On 25th May 08 there would be a musical parade of classic cars along Blvd. du Centenaire from noon to 6 pm. This is organized by the Belgian Federation of Classic Cars (Fédération belge des véhicules anciens).
CONTINUED IN …. PART 3 ;