This is meant for visits to 6 or more participating countries in Europe. In this case it does not matter whether the countries of travel are bordering or not (as it does in Eurail Select Pass). The countries include Austria, France, Germany, Belgium, Sweden, Switzerland, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Holland, Norway, Portugal, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Spain and Slovenia.
Within this scheme more options are available –
• Eurail Global Pass: First class travel for consecutive 15 days, 21 days, 1,2 or 3 months. Ticket prices range from approx. $750 for 15 days to $2090 for 3 months.
Current Eurail promotion / Discounts / Coupons etc :
- Free travel days ( limited time ) offer. (Get 2 to 5 free days based on the type of 1st class pass)
- 35% youth discount for travelers younger than 26 years
- 15% saver pass for groups of 2 to 5 travelers.
Kids under 4 travel free and for children between 4 to 11 , there is a 50% discount.
• Eurail Global Pass Flexi: First class travel for 10 or 15 days in a time period of 2 months
• Eurail Global Pass Saver: This is best recommended for people travelling to non-bordering countries. For example, Belgium and Portugal. This provides first class travel for consecutive 15 days, 21 days, 1,2 or 3 months but for 2 to 5 number of people travelling together. Ticket price ranges from $630 (adult) for 15 days to $1800 (approx.) for 3 months.
• Eurail Global Pass Saver Flexi: First class travel for 2 to 5 people travelling together for any 10 days or 15 days in a 2 month period. Ticket prices range from $750 to less than $1000 (approx.) for 10 and 15 days respectively.
• Eurail Global Pass Youth: Meant for people less than 26 years of age. This is second class travel for 15 or 21 days, 1, 2 or 3 months. It is a consecutive day pass. Ticket prices range from approx. $500 for 15 day pass to & about $1360 for 3 months pass. These are cheaper when compared to the general Eurail Global Pass mentioned above.
• Eurail Global Pass Youth Flexi: Meant for people under 26 years of age. Any 10 days or 15 days second class travel in a 2month period.
• Eurail Drive Pass: Combination of rail and road travel. 4 days of first class travel with 2 days of rental car from Hertz or Avis.
Consecutive days means that one would have to either use the days or lose them. Price ranges given above are subject to change. Children under 4 are free and 4 to 11 are half rates of adult tickets. All tickets need to be validated within 6 months of purchase.
Some trains provide concessions for seniors – people 60 years or older. Discounted passes are available for seniors in some cases.